Explore my blog! You never know what cool blinkies and gadgets might show up! To get some cool Accessories for your blog, click here.
I go to an awesome aerobics class! To find out more about my aerobics class and possibly join, click here.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 7-13 weekly chapter

Here is Chapter #2 from The Father, the Girl and The Lost Cat.

Chapter #2: The War
On one particular morning after breakfast, they were out of food. So Jasmine’s father told her to take some money and walk to the nearest store and buy food for them. ”Ok father,” Jasmine said and she grabbed a basket and some money and skipped out the door. She was walking down the well-worn path, when she heard a meowing behind her. ”Ok Diana, you can come along too, ” she said. So Diana walked happily along side Jasmine until the four-mile walk was over and they reached the small grocery store. Jasmine picked up Diana and stepped into the store. She smelled the air with pleasure and looked around the small store. The shopkeeper greeted her with a warm smile. “Good morning Jasmine, how are you today?” “I’m fine thank you, ” she said. “ Is there any thing I can do for you?” said the shopkeeper. “Yes,” she said. “I would like to buy some food for my father and I.” “Well,” said the shopkeeper. “Go and help yourself.”
“Ok I will,” said Jasmine and she walked over to a shelf that was stacked high with food. She chose bananas, apples, cheese, three loves of bread, a gallon of milk, a bag of stuffing, a roast turkey, and a bag of freshly cut lettuce. Then she paid for the food and left the store, thanking the shopkeeper on her way out. When she stepped out onto the dirt road she let Diana jump out of her arms and onto the ground. Then, shouldering her bag of groceries, she skipped down the lane with Diana by her side. Soon the little hut came into view. Jasmine took one look at the cabin and sensed that something was wrong. There were no lights on in the cabin and one window was smashed! Jasmine rushed into the hut with Diana right behind her. Then Jasmine stopped in her tracks and gasped at what she saw! There were papers strewn across the floor. Chairs were overturned and furniture was destroyed! As soon as she got over her shock she began to look over the room for signs of what might have happened. She was just about to give up when she saw a piece of paper stuck underneath a vase that was still standing on top of a desk. Jasmine hurried over to it and picked it up. This is what it said:
Dear Jasmine,
I have been forced to join the army and I don’t know if I will ever see you again. But whatever happens, be a brave girl and take care of Diana. I love you.
Your Father,
Albert
PS. I hope I will see you again.


Come back next week for chapter #3!

No comments: