Explore my blog! You never know what cool blinkies and gadgets might show up! To get some cool Accessories for your blog, click here.
I go to an awesome aerobics class! To find out more about my aerobics class and possibly join, click here.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 19-25 Weekly Chapter

Here is chapter #3 form In The Beginning-

Chapter#3- Extra! Extra!
The next morning, I was awakened by the sound of the newsboy calling in the street. This was not unusual because there were a lot of festivals and parties going on in the town all the time, so there was a lot for the news paper reporters to write about. But on this particular morning the shouts of the boy suddenly caught my attention. This is what he was saying, “Coal mine suddenly found valuable! Read all about it! A penny a paper!” I jumped out of bed and dressed hurriedly. I felt inside my pocket. I had 3 pennies in it. I ran out the door slamming it behind me. I hurried after the boy and grabbed him by the shoulder. “Here” I said, and thrust a penny into his hand. “Thanky kindly, Mister,” he said and handed me a paper. I tipped my cap towards him and headed home. When I arrived, I went inside and plopped down on the sofa. My eyes scanned the page until I came to the part that I was looking for. It said, “The coal mine that was found by the robbers, is found to be very valuable. People from surrounding areas are flooding into the town, eager to find their fortunes.” I was very interested. “Well, I suppose that it will bring a lot more business to the town,” I thought and set the paper down on the table.

Come back next week for Chapter#4!

No comments: