Explore my blog! You never know what cool blinkies and gadgets might show up! To get some cool Accessories for your blog, click here.
I go to an awesome aerobics class! To find out more about my aerobics class and possibly join, click here.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekly chapters

Y'all know that I have a sort of a hobby writing books, so I decided to post a chapter on my blog from one of my books every week. I will start out with My first book, In The Beginning. Here is chapter #1-

The Capricorn Catastrophe

First of all, let me tell you who I am. My name is Albert Newman. I am 14 years old. I live in a large brick hut in a town called Capricorn Ville. It is a very small and quiet town. There are only about 200 people in my town, but we are all very friendly, and whenever we pass each other we exchange friendly smiles and words. All went well in the village until one morning I woke up, and there was no one in the house. I thought this was very odd. So I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes lazily. I slipped on my clothes, pattered down the rickety old staircase, and onto the cold living room floor. I glanced around me but there was still no one in sight, no smell of browning waffles, no sound of voices coming from the kitchen, and no gentle flicker of flames dancing in the ash strewn fireplace. I sat down on the worn sofa to think. Suddenly I heard a key turn in the lock on the front door! I jumped up expecting it to be father, but instead, a rough looking man in tattered clothes stepped inside the door. He seemed not to notice me at first, but then he looked up at me and said in a rough but calm tone, “Come with me kid, and if you don’t… well that’s another matter.” As if in a daze I followed him. He led me to a rundown weathered building outside of town. As I thought about the dilemma I was in, I accidentally started to slow down. “Get going kid,” the man said and shoved a fist right into my forehead. Pain shot through my head and I stumbled on. Soon I was beginning to have dizzy spells. One thought kept entering my aching mind, “Where were my parents?” As soon as we entered the building, I collapsed on the dusty floor. As I drifted into unconsciousness I vaguely remember seeing many people crowded about the room. I tried to stay awake, but all in vain. I gave up trying and remembered nothing more.

Come Back next week for Chapter #2!

No comments: