Explore my blog! You never know what cool blinkies and gadgets might show up! To get some cool Accessories for your blog, click here.
I go to an awesome aerobics class! To find out more about my aerobics class and possibly join, click here.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 26-August 1 Weekly Chapter

Here is chapter #2 from Alexis, Cocoa, and the Sweet and Sour World-


Chapter#2 What’s This?
My dog Cocoa and I were playing in the yard, when I stepped on something hard that was sticking out of the ground. I reached down and plucked it out. It was an old rusty key! I did not know what to make of it at first so I stuck it in my pocket and returned to my play. But all the time the key was burning a hole in my pocket as if it had some very special purpose. I finally had to take it out and survey it closely. Suddenly something about the key caught my eye! There was writing on the side of the key! I stared at the writing intently but to my dismay it was in another language. I sat down heavily and began to think. Suddenly Cocoa sprang upon me and chewed the key so furiously that I thought she might swallow it! Finally I was able to pry it from her mouth and dry it on my shirt. But something was different about it! The teeth of Cocoa had scraped away some of the rust and these words were visible in English.

Can you solve the riddle?
And find the secret door?
Now look for a crack.
Do it now.
Yum! Yum! Yum!

I stared at it blankly and tested all my brainpower to find the answer. All of a sudden something clicked in my mind. I looked at the first letter of each of the lines. They spelled CANDY! I jumped up and down and hugged Cocoa who barked excitedly. Then as soon as I had gotten control of myself I went about looking for the secret door that was spoken of in the riddle. The riddle said that there was a crack somewhere in the house that led to the door. I decided to start in my room since there was a big crack on the wall. I took a hammer from my dresser and tapped lightly all around the crack. Once when I tapped, a little of the wall fell away to resemble an oddly shaped hole. It was a keyhole!



Come back next week for chapter #3!

No comments: